Forest Stewardship Council
Forest Stewardship Council is an international non-governmental non-profit organization. Organized into three chambers (economic, environmental and social), its mission is to promote a world forests management that is environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial and economically viable.
FSC has developed the first system of forest certification, based mainly on the "10 principles and 56 criteria of good forest management" as an international standard of forest management. This standard is adapted by each country to local conditions by the FSC national office of representation (FSC national standard) or, when not represented, by the FSC accredited agency.
FSC has developed a system of certification of forest products based on two certificates: the forest management certificate and the certificate of procurement and processing (or chain of custody, also known as chain of traceability).
FSC has created a certification program for independent certification agencies, third parties, to certify forest management and chain of custody of timber according to requirements set by the FSC.
FSC has developed its own brand and logo so that final users (consumers) can identify wood products from FSC certified forest.
Pallisco Company :
FSC logging and chain of custody Certificate
(FMUs 10-030, 10-031, 10-039, 10-041, 10-042, 10-044, soit 341 708 ha)
n° FSC® C021687
CIFM Company :
FSC chain of custody Certificate
n° FSC® C004719
Pallisco and CIFM companies are FSC certified by
Bureau Veritas Certification.
1) An evaluation of PALLISCO and CIFM activities is conducted in April 2005 by Eurocertifor-BVQI (Bureau Veritas Certification) on the basis of FSC certification standard suitable for the conditions of Cameroon (pre-audit FSC).
2) On 22/12/2005 PALLISCO signs a cooperation agreement with WWF-CARPO on its accession to CAFTN (Central Africa Forest Trade Network) and benifits technical support on the basis of an action plan jointly elaborated to finally obtain FSC certification.
3) To formalize its commitment, PALLISCO and CIFM Directorate establishes its "Policy of commitment to FSC certification" on 03/12/2006.
4) An awareness of the FSC certification to PALLISCO and CIFM personnel, including partners and subcontractors, is performed in January 2007 by the FSC National Initiative Cameroon.
5) A second FSC pre-audit is made in March 2008 by Bureau Veritas Certification for FMU 10-031 integrated in 2006 (outside the scope of the first pre-audit 2005).
6) The initial FSC audit of Pallisco (forest management) and CIFM (chain of custody) is carried out from July 4 to 11, 2008 by Bureau Veritas Certification.
7) The Certification Committee of Bureau Veritas Certification awards Pallisco on October 9, 2008 a FSC certification of forest management and chain of custody; FSC chain of custody certificate is awarded to CIFM.
8) The first surveillance audit held from 8 to 13 June 2009. It is led by four auditors appointed by the Bureau Veritas Certification. The certificate is renewed and the public report issued in February 2010.
9) The second surveillance audit held from 13 to 18 September 2010.
10) Annual inspection audit No. 3 from 12 to 16/09/2011
11) Annual inspection audit n°4 from 17 to 21/09/2012.
12) Audit of renewal n°1 from 11 to 17/06/2013
13) Annual inspection n°1 from 16 to 21/06/2014
14) Annual inspection n°2 from 15 to 20/06/2015
The Certification Committee of Bureau Veritas Certification on December 8, 2008 gives the FSC certificate chain control to SCBT, marketing affiliate of Pallisco and CIFM wood products.
This certificate provides a complete FSC chain of custody (Pallisco, CIFM then SCBT), from the producer of logs to the trader of processed wood products, to sell "FSC Pure" products.
FSC Certificate n° BV-COC-920207 (SCBT)
List of documents available during the certification process until the initial audit: :
- Call notice* for consultation with stakeholders,
- Invitation notice* to Public Meeting (Yaounde, 30/05/2008),
- The registration form*of stakeholders consultation,
- Summary of the study on the presence of HCVF (Version 01-1).
List of documents currently available :
- Summary of management plans and FSC guidelines (v. 01-1),
- Summary of the study on the presence of HCVF validated by stakeholders (version 02).
The documents are available on "Information" page. [ Go to this page ]
* = Bureau Veritas Certification Document.
The public report of the initial CSF audit of the Pallisco company is available on the website of Bureau Veritas Certification organization.
[ Access to the list of reports: Section "Chain Forest-Wood," internal links "Public Reports". ]
Press Release on 17/10/2008 (obtainment of FSC certificates) : [français], [english].
FSC Certificate n° BV-FM/COC-832214 (Pallisco) 2013 - 2018.
FSC Certificate n° BV-COC-832214 (CIFM) 2013 - 2018.
Location Map of forestry entity (PALLISCO).
FSC forest Stewardship Standard for the Congo Basin Region.
FSC standard for traceability of wood products (Bureau Veritas Certification)
[version 2.1 Octobre 2011]
Description of the certification process. (document Bureau Veritas Certification)
Link to FSC website : http://www.fsc.org/en/
Link to search FSC Certificates website : http://www.fsc-info.org/
Link to Bureau Veritas Certification website : http://certification.bureauveritas.fr/html/30979.html